Self-help books definitely have their place and I have quite a few on my bookshelf and often find at my client’s homes.
However, sometimes it can be difficult to stay on track with implementing the changes required or being able to apply them to your life. This is where I can help by helping you identify the best changes for you and supporting you to actually implement them in your life.
‘Virtual’ decluttering, organising and coaching sessions continue, so let me help you get through ‘Lockdown with Louise’. These sessions will be at a 50% discount to my standard fees to recognise the challenging time many clients are experiencing. A great way to work through the challenges arising with us all being in our homes more, personalised to your needs and completely confidential.
These can be via phone or video call which will be discussed on our initial call – which continues to be free for up to 20 minutes, so get some clarity today. A great way to have some support whilst maintaining Government guidelines and improve your wellbeing by making your home work better for you.
In home sessions are able to be held, dependent on your location but this will be discussed on the introductory call.
I can help with any aspect of your life where you want to declutter/get organised! Some examples include:
- Clearing a spare room ahead of visitors or new purpose e.g. study/new baby.
- Making better use of space available e.g. wardrobe refresh or playroom reorganisation.
- Bereavement of a partner/family member and support to clear belongings.
- Paperwork/office organisation.
- Preparation for moving home, downsizing or elderly relatives moving into a residential care home. I also offer unpacking in the new property to help you get set up in the best way from the beginning.
- Loft/Garage clearance and organisation – my record is boxes which have been unopened for 23 years!
If you have specific requirements that are not included above, please do get in touch as it’s impossible to include all the areas of how I can help you as a professional organiser.
Some clients prefer for me to do this on my own and they simply come in at the end to decide where belongings are going e.g. charity shop, other family members etc.
Other clients appreciate the support of having someone to talk to whilst sorting items without worrying that they will upset other family members. I abide by the APDO Code of Ethics and take your privacy and confidentiality very seriously.
This varies for each client but include:
- Saving time: being able to find things when you need them and avoiding duplicate buys. Many clients end up finding items which they thought were lost e.g. sentimental family items or clothing.
- Paperwork: avoiding late payment charges by paying bills on time and finding ‘lost’ cheques.
- Saving money: on avoiding duplicate buys. If you are selling your property, I can help maximise the price you get for your property and save on removal costs.
- Feeling comfortable in your home and enjoying having guests in your home/coming to stay.
- Reduced stress.
- Greater wellbeing – many clients report they simply feel happier when coming back home rather than that sinking feeling as you open the door…
- More time for the things in life which bring you joy rather than struggling with your clutter!
I offer a free 15 minute consultation (phone/video call) to discuss your requirements. The minimum session required is usually 3 hours but this will be discussed on our introductory call. The time required will be dependent on your goals, energy levels and decision making.
Some clients prefer to have an initial session then continue to work on some of the agreed actions. Others prefer a regular session to help stay on top of things or where it is a larger task.
When I arrive, we will discuss the changes you wish to make and then take a tour of the house so that we can agree on the areas where you need assistance. We can then agree what is possible in the time available and start work. We will allow time at the end of the session to review progress and agree any further sessions required.
I am pleased to advise that ‘Virtual’ decluttering, organising and coaching sessions are now available so let me help you get through ‘Lockdown with Louise’. These sessions will be at a 50% discount to my standard fees to recognise the challenging time many clients are experiencing. A great way to work through the challenges arising with us all being in our homes more, personalised to your needs and completely confidential.
These can be via phone or video call which will be discussed on our initial call – which continues to be free for up to 20 minutes, so get some clarity today.
Standard pricing below:
£45 per hour and a 3 hour session is usually needed to make good progress. However, we can discuss your specific requirements to ensure that this meets your needs.
I offer a free no obligation 15-20 minute introductory call prior to your first session, so we can discuss how I can help you.
My fees include:
- session at your property/office, timing agreed based on your requirements.
- your choice of day, Monday to Saturday. I only work Sunday by prior arrangement.
- mileage, up to 45 minutes from Chelmsford is included. Locations further afield are charged at 45p per mile and agreed as required.
- FREE charity shop drop off of any items we clear during the session. For some Charity shops, I can also arrange Gift Aid to reduce your tax bill and will try to match your charity preferences where possible.
- Home organising advice – as we work, I will also be able to give you tips which you can implement outside of our sessions to bring greater balance to your life.
- My Mary Poppins bag – many of my clients refer to my organising kit as a Mary Poppins bag! I come armed with label machine, bin bags, stationery and other useful items which are all included in the price to make the most of our time together and set you up for success.
Gift vouchers are also available, if you know someone who would benefit from my services please get in touch.
Not unless a Minimalist home is what you wish to achieve! We will talk about the items you wish to keep and explore reasons why you are holding on to other items. Ultimately, it will always be your decision.
Absolutely not! I am coming to help you understand what is required so it is best for me to see your home as it normally would be. However, it is helpful for you to think about the areas of your home which would have the most impact on you.
I will help wipe shelves as we organise items but do not offer a cleaning service. However, I am happy to research local contacts for you if this is required.
My aim is to help you understand the reasons behind the disorganisation, so it is important that you are present for key parts of the process and where decisions are required e.g. which items you wish to keep. There may be stages of the process where I can continue without your presence, if preferred, and we can agree this once key steps have been agreed.
I am happy to take goods to a local charity shop free of charge and will obtain your written authorisation for this and provide a delivery receipt, where requested. For some Charity shops, I am also able to arrange Gift Aid declaration which will reduce your tax bill and will take into account any Charity Shop preferences, where possible.
If you have items you wish to sell, I can advise recommended routes and recommendations for Auction Houses for antique/valuable items.
I do not have a Waste Licence so cannot take items to the local tip for you but if required, can escort you in your vehicle to provide assistance as part of the timed session.
As part of the session, we will often identify ways to make better use of the storage you already have so would recommend you don’t buy anything new ahead of a session.
Not at all – for me, perfection is a myth and it is all about achieving greater balance! I am naturally organised but am a busy self-employed mum of 2 so my life gets disorganised too! However, I have steps in place to minimise the chaos and recognise the reasons that I may be procrastinating and have the tools in place to improve it when I’m ready.
For me it’s all about awareness and understanding what works best for us all as individuals rather than just following a prescriptive approach.